Holy. Fucking. SHIT.
Sabrina Reid just put me on to a police dash cam video from South Carolina regarding an incident that occurred between Levar Jones and a state trooper on September 4, 2014.
The video shows a state trooper pulling up to a gas station as Jones gets out of his car.
The trooper yells for Jones to produce his license.
Jones bends into his car to get his license and the trooper opens fire and strikes the man.
Jones, in shock, backs away from the car WITH HIS HANDS IN THE AIR.
In a stunning act of inhumanity, THE TROOPER CONTINUES TO FIRE UPON JONES—WHO CLEARLY HAS HIS HANDS UP.
Jones falls to the ground and the fucking trooper yells “Get on the ground!”
The wounded Jones, already on the fucking ground, says to the trooper, “I was getting my license. You said ‘get [my] license.”
The trooper continues to treat Jones as though he were guilty of some heinous crime, talking to him as though he had already been tried, convicted, and sentenced.
He walks over to Jones and tells him to put his hands behind his back.
Jones asks, “What did I do??”
The trooper ignores him and continues to tell him to put his hands behind his back.
“Are you hit?” the trooper asks.
“I think so,” the confused Jones says. “I can’t feel my legs.”
“Why did you shoot me?” Jones asks.
“Well, you dove head first back into your car.”
NO HE DIDN’T. HE FOLLOWED YOUR ORDERS TO RETRIEVE HIS LICENSE.
“I was telling you to get out of your car,” the trooper said.
Yes, but he SHOT Jones at CLOSE RANGE even before Jones had the chance to COMPLY with the BRAND NEW ORDER the trooper gave to get out of the car. He literally FIRED ON JONES WHILE HE WAS TELLING HIM TO GET OUT OF THE CAR.
And why? Because the man unbuckled his seat belt before coming to a full stop in the gas station.
This was all over a seat belt.
Look, I’m fucking tired.
I’m tired of marching.
I’m tired of praying.
I’m tired of talking.
I’m tired of singing spirituals.
The trooper has since been fired and arrested. He was freed on a $75,000 bond, and is expected to appear in court. http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5879694
I hate it when men make unsolicited comments about a woman’s body. Like “she’s got a nice shape but she needs to tighten up her stomach”
How about you tighten up your lips and never speak again you ignorant shit.
Wow maybe you need to accept constructive criticism jesus christ.
Men telling me (or any other woman) what I need to do for them to find me sexually attractive is not constructive criticism.
Avoiding spoilers on tumblr
- duolingo // learn languages for free
- rhymezone // type in a word and find words that rhyme
- onelook // reverse dictionary
- hemingwayapp // check your essay for readability
- thesaurus // find synonyms, antonyms and more
- planetebook & gutenberg // free ebooks
- coursera // free online courses
- realtimeboard // a virtual pinboard
- pianotte & imslp // free piano sheet music
- tunefind // find songs used in movies and tv shows
- tothebestof // listen to the top 10 songs of any band or musical artist
- omgcatz // download 8tracks playlists
- tags.goose // mass tumblr tag replacer
- colorpicker // helps you choose #hex colours
- wordmark // helps you decide on fonts from your computer
- iemoji // copy+paste tool for ios emojis on browsers
- simpledesktops & subtlepatterns // simple desktop backgrounds
- fount // identify fonts on websites
- dafont & googlefonts // places to find lots of fonts
- wigflip // pixel speech bubble generator
- myfridgefood // check what stuff you have in your fridge and get some recipe ideas
- roadtrippers // tool to plan a roadtrip across america
- recitethis // turn a quote into a masterpiece
- letterboxd // organize the movies you’ve watched, loved and plan on watching
- soundrown // listen to various calming sounds
caligula had anime eyes
wait romans painted their marble sculptures
it looks like a cheap theme park ride mascot
here’s a statue of Augustus
and here’s a reproduction of the statue with the colors restored
i honestly think that what we consider the height of sculpture in all of Western civilization being essentially the leftover templates of gaudy pieces of theme park shit to be evidence of the potential merit of found art
"I tried coloring it and then I ruined it"
THIS MAKES ME VERY VER YVERY VERY VERY VERY VERY HAPPY
this accurately represents my class participation